Author : Stephen Gladwell Publisher : Emereo Pty Limited Pub Date : 2011-02 Page : 88 Language : en Rating :
Download Actuaries Book free at link below
Through their knowledge of statistics, finance, and business, actuaries assess the risk of events occurring and help create policies for businesses and clients that minimize the cost of that risk. For this reason, actuaries are essential to the insurance industry.
Actuaries analyze data to estimate the probability and likely cost to the company of an event such as death, sickness, injury, disability, or loss of property. Actuaries also address financial matters, such as how a company should invest resources to maximize return on investments, or how an individual should invest in order to attain a certain retirement income level. Using their expertise in evaluating various types of risk, actuaries help design insurance policies, pension plans, and other financial strategies in a manner which will help ensure that the plans are maintained on a sound financial basis.
This book gives you good solid advice and great strategies for getting interviews and landing the job as Actuary.
To Prepare for the Job this book tells you:
– The training and education needed
– Expected job prospects
– The job’s activities and responsibilities
– Working conditions
To Land the Job, it gives you the hands-on and how-to’s insight on:
– Finding Opportunities – the best places to find them
– Writing Unbeatable Resumes and Cover Letters
– Acing the Interview
– What to Expect From Recruiters
– How employers hunt for Job-hunters…. and More
This book offers excellent, insightful advice for everyone from entry level to senior professionals. None of the other such career guides compare with this one. It stands out because it:
1. Explains how the people doing the hiring think, so that you can win them over on paper and then in your interview;
2. Is filled with useful cheat and work-sheets;
3. Explains every step of the job-hunting process – from little known ways for finding openings to getting ahead on the job.
This book covers everything. Whether you are trying to get your first Job or move up in the system, get this book.