Case Applications in Nursing Leadership and Management is a case study book designed to accompany traditional Nursing Leadership and Management texts. While it may also be used as a stand-alone text, it complements existing, traditional books by assisting the user to 1) summarize cogent points discussed in the primary text, 2) by using case studies to determine potential alternatives and outcomes, students are assisted in their critical thinking process and 3) many of the case studies can be utilized by faculty in the evaluation of their students.
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book is missing some of the images or content found in the physical edition. Creative Nursing Leadership helps nursing students understand nursing leadership theory and practice becoming leaders in a safe learning environment. Perfect for upper-level undergraduate nursing leadership courses, the text focuses on creating leadership opportunities, succession planning, focusing on strengths, role modeling, leading from within, creative organization, organizational interventions, and power and politics within organizations. Key Features include: chapter objectives, examples, side bars, case studies, in-class simulations and role playing situations, web links, key terms and definitions, key summary points, test and discussion questions, and interviews with actual nurse leaders, revealing the secrets they’ve learned.
Uniquely organized around the AONE competencies, this trusted resource gives you an easy-to-understand, in-depth look at today’s most prevalent nursing leadership and management topics. Coverage features the most up-to-date, research-based blend of practice and theory related to topics such as: the nursing professional’s role in law and ethics, staffing and scheduling, delegation, cultural considerations, care management, human resources, outcomes management, safe work environments, preventing employee injury, and time and stress management.
- UNIQUE! Chapters divided according to AONE competencies for nurse leaders, managers, and executives.
- Research Notes in each chapter summarize relevant nursing leadership and management studies and highlight practical applications of research findings.
- Case Studies at the end of each chapter present real-world leadership and management situations and illustrate how key concepts can be applied to actual practice.
- Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each chapter present clinical situations followed by critical thinking questions to help you reflect on chapter content, critically analyze the information, and apply it to the situation.
- NEW! Full-color design makes content more vivid and realistic.
- NEW! Chapter on Communication and Care Coordination covers these integral topics.
- NEW! Updates to critical thinking exercises, case studies, research notes, and references offer the most current information.
- NEW! Updated sections on Current Issues and Trends reflect the latest topics in the field.
- NEW! Relevant Web Sites boxes provide authoritative resources for additional research.
This book is designed for management development of professional nurses in the twenty-first century. The text provides the best management concepts and theories of management available from the field of generic management, as well as from nursing management sources. It also provides theoretical and practical knowledge that will aid clinical nurse managers in meeting the demands of constantly changing patient care services.
This completely revised, yet comprehensive text provides management concepts and theories, giving professional administrators and students in nursing theoretical and practical knowledge. Management and Leadership for Nurse Administrators, Sixth Edition provides a foundation for nurse managers and nurse executives as well as students with major management and administrative content including planning, organizing, leadership, directing, and evaluating. An additional chapter, titled “The Executive Summary”, is included. Management and Leadership for Nurse Administrators, Sixth Edition combines traditional organizational management content with forward-thinking healthcare administration content. This comprehensive Nursing Administration text includes content on: *complex adaptive systems *evidence-based practices *academic and clinical partnerships *trends in nursing leadership *implications for education and practice *creating a culture of magnetism *information management and technology *risk management *legal issues *building a portfolio Key features of this book include unit openers, learning features and objectives, “Concepts,” “Nurse Manager Behaviors,” “Nurse Executive Behaviors,” quotations, summaries, exercises, review questions, Evidence-Based Practice Research Boxes, case studies, tables, figures, and charts, clinical leader content and content related to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), and a glossary.
This edition of the highly acclaimed Management and Leadership for Nurse Managers offers theoretical and practical perspectives on the major management functions as they are practiced in today’s organizations. The author introduces current and future nurse managers to the challenges of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. The most recent research on management theory is incorporated throughout the book in the context of its practical application. New coverage includes total quality management, pay-for-performance, the rising temporary workforce, and downsizing.
Time-tested leadership and management strategies based on experiential learning activities are at the foundation of this text for undergraduate and graduate students in nursing and health care leadership or management courses. It is grounded in theories and concepts applied to the health care environment from business, organizational psychology, health care law, and educational administration fields. The text encompasses theories of effective communication, problem analysis, conflict resolution, and time management challenges.
This new edition includes three new chapters that cover current theories of creative leadership, working with diverse groups, and ethics for leaders and managers in health care, as well as new experiential learning activities throughout. These activities make theory application palpable and support the development of skills that students can use to motivate, educate, and lead those in health care to achieve the goals of a group, team, or organization. Included among the experiential learning activities are case studies, simulation, review questions, suggested assignments, and expected learning outcomes. The text will also be of value to nurse managers who wish to enhance their current leadership or managerial skills.
- Provides strong direction for improving leadership and management skills in the health care environment
- Includes three new chapters on creative leadership, working with diverse groups, and ethics for healthcare leaders and managers
- Offers new learning activities throughout, including review questions and suggested assignments
- Features over 35 Experiential Exercises which invite the reader to experience new behaviors in a safe environment