Author : Stephen Gladwell Publisher : Emereo Pty Limited Pub Date : 2011 Page : 88 Language : en Rating :
Download Counselors Book free at link below
Counselors work in diverse community settings designed to provide a variety of counseling, rehabilitation, and support services. Their duties vary greatly, depending on their specialty, which is determined by the setting in which they work and the population they serve. Although the specific setting may have an implied scope of practice, counselors frequently are challenged with children, adolescents, adults, or families that have multiple issues, such as mental health disorders and addiction, disability and employment needs, school problems or career counseling needs, and trauma. Counselors must recognize these issues in order to provide their clients with appropriate counseling and support.
This book gives you good solid advice and great strategies for getting interviews and landing the job as Counselors.
To Prepare for the Job this book tells you:
– The training and education needed
– Expected job prospects
– The job’s activities and responsibilities
– Working conditions
To Land the Job, it gives you the hands-on and how-to’s insight on:
– Finding Opportunities – the best places to find them
– Writing Unbeatable Resumes and Cover Letters
– Acing the Interview
– What to Expect From Recruiters
– How employers hunt for Job-hunters…. and More
This book offers excellent, insightful advice for everyone from entry level to senior professionals. None of the other such career guides compare with this one. It stands out because it:
1. Explains how the people doing the hiring think, so that you can win them over on paper and then in your interview;
2. Is filled with useful cheat and work -sheets;
3. Explains every step of the job-hunting process – from little known ways for finding openings to getting ahead on the job.
This book covers everything. Whether you are trying to get your first Job or move up in the system, get this book.