Author : Stephen Gladwell Publisher : Emereo Pty Limited Pub Date : 2011 Page : 84 Language : en Rating :
Download Librarians Book free at link below
The traditional concept of a library is being redefined from a place to access paper records or books to one that also houses the most advanced electronic resources, including the Internet, digital libraries, and remote access to a wide range of information sources. Consequently, librarians, often called information professionals, combine traditional duties with tasks involving quickly changing technology. Librarians help people find information and use it effectively for personal and professional purposes. They must have knowledge of a wide variety of scholarly and public information sources and must follow trends related to publishing, computers, and the media to oversee the selection and organization of library materials. Librarians manage staff and develop and direct information programs and systems for the public and ensure that information is organized in a manner that meets users’ needs.
This book gives you good solid advice and great strategies for getting interviews and landing the job as Librarian.
To Prepare for the Job this book tells you:
– The training and education needed
– Expected job prospects
– The job’s activities and responsibilities
– Working conditions
To Land the Job, it gives you the hands-on and how-to’s insight on:
– Finding Opportunities – the best places to find them
– Writing Unbeatable Resumes and Cover Letters
– Acing the Interview
– What to Expect From Recruiters
– How employers hunt for Job-hunters…. and More
This book offers excellent, insightful advice for everyone from entry level to senior professionals. None of the other such career guides compare with this one. It stands out because it:
1. Explains how the people doing the hiring think, so that you can win them over on paper and then in your interview;
2. Is filled with useful cheat and work -sheets;
3. Explains every step of the job-hunting process – from little known ways for finding openings to getting ahead on the job.
This book covers everything. Whether you are trying to get your first Job or move up in the system, get this book.
Description : An introduction to the job of a librarian that examines the tasks that they perform including helping people locate information, the tools that they use such as books and computers, and the education ...
Read Online the Book
Description : Metadata, or data about data, is used to organize and access information in an effective way. From cataloguing to organizing archives, metadata helps front-line librarians provide customers with a dir...
Read Online the Book